Kenny McMillan is a Los Angeles-based cinematographer originally from the San Francisco Bay Area.
Kenny has been making films for over a decade, constantly perfecting his craft and staying on the cutting edge of production technology. Having plenty of experience in documentary-style shooting situations, Kenny is adept at achieving professional results from available resources. While attending film school, his work as a photographer for Red Bull gave him greater insight into the world of premium brand marketing and content creation, which he has carried through in to his commercial work. He also writes for ProVideoCoalition.com reviewing new film equipment and interviewing top-tier DPs for the Frame & Reference Podcast, where he’s able to learn from and integrate their knowledge and experience into his own craft.
When not making films, he can usually be found in the mountains of Colorado or behind the lens of his Mamiya RZ67.
Available with or without the following gear:
ARRI Amira (Alexa)
Sigma 18-35mm f1.8
Tamron 24-70mm f2.8
Full set of Nikkor Primes (f2/2.8)
— 24, 28, 35, 50, 85mm
Odyssey 7Q+ Monitor/Recorder
Hollyland 400s Wireless Monitoring System
Kino Flo DivaLite Kit (Two 2′ Fixtures)
Supported by Stray Angel, additional gear can be rented upon request.
Kenny edits on a custom-built PC with the full Adobe Suite and colors in DaVinci Resolve Studio.
Hire him to shoot, cut, or color your next production: firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Grace and Frankie” DPs Gale Tattersall and Luke Miller // Frame & Reference
- Day 2 at Cine Gear 2022
- Cinematographer Amy Bench // Frame & Reference
- ASC Museum Curator Steve Gainer, ASC ASK // Frame & Reference
- “American Underdog” DP Kristopher Kimlin // Frame & Reference
- Day 3 // NAB 2022
- “The Afterparty” DP Carl Herse // Frame & Reference
- Day 2 // NAB 2022
- Day 1 // NAB 2022
- “Parks and Recreation” DP Tom Magill // Frame & Reference
- “A lot of Nothing” DP John Rosario // Frame & Reference
- “The Kominsky Method” DP Jaime Reynoso, AMC // Frame & Reference
- “The Power of the Dog” DP Ari Wegner, ACS // Frame & Reference
- “Being the Ricardos” DP Jeff Cronenweth, ASC // Frame & Reference
- Kaity Williams // Frame & Reference