Kenny McMillan is a Los Angeles-based cinematographer originally from the San Francisco Bay Area.
Kenny has been making films for over a decade, constantly perfecting his craft and staying on the cutting edge of production technology. Having plenty of experience in documentary-style shooting situations, Kenny is adept at achieving professional results from available resources. His prior work as a photographer for Red Bull gave him greater insight into the world of premium brand marketing and content creation, which he has carried through in to his commercial work. He also writes for ProVideoCoalition.com reviewing new film equipment and covering local industry events.
When not making films, Kenny can usually be found in the mountains of Colorado or behind the lens of his Mamiya RZ67.
Available with or without the following gear:
Sigma 18-35mm f1.8
Tamron 24-70mm f2.8
Full set of Nikkor Primes (f2/2.8)
— 24, 28, 35, 50, 85mm
Odyssey 7Q+ Monitor/Recorder
Hollyland 400s Wireless Monitoring System
Kino Flo DivaLite Kit (Two 2′ Fixtures)
Additional gear can be rented upon request.
Kenny edits on a custom-built PC with the full Adobe Suite and colors in DaVinci Resolve Studio.
Hire him to shoot, cut, or color your next production: firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles by Kenny
- “Billie Eilish: The World’s a Little Blurry” DP Jenna Rosher // Frame & Reference Ep.14
- REVIEW: Dehancer Film Emulation Plugin
- Lens Month: Jay Holben, ASC
- “Boys State” DP Thorsten Theilow // Frame & Reference Ep.13
- “Assassins” DP John Benam // Frame & Reference Ep.12
- Lens Month: Tokina Cinema Senior Vice President Ryan Avery
- Frank Barrera, DP of “Together Together” // Frame & Reference Ep.11
- Bennett Cerf, DP of “Users” // Frame & Reference Ep.10
- “Searchers” DPs Daniel Claridge and Martin Dicicco // Frame & Reference Ep.9
- Lens Month: Zero Optik's Founder Alex Nelson
- “Lenox Hill” DP Bryant Fisher // Frame & Reference Ep.8
- The “Rebel Hearts” Production Team // Frame & Reference Ep.7
- Lens Month: Chief Engineer of Duclos Lenses Matthew Duclos
- 22: “The Boys” DP Dan Stoloff
- 21: “Pretend It's A City” DP Ellen Kuras, ASC